JOB POSTING: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
The London Knights are looking for an energetic, outgoing, and organized individual to fill the role of Account Executive.
Job Title: Account Executive
Reports to: General Manager
Description of the Organization
The London Knights Hockey club formed in 1965 as a Junior ‘A’ franchise. They were known then as the London Nationals, an Ontario Hockey Association (OHL) affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs.
From 1968 to present day, London’s favourite team, along with its rich history and winning tradition, has been known as the London Knights. Throughout the team’s history, the Knights have earned 11 Division trophies, six Western Conference titles, four OHL Championships, and two Memorial Cups.
On top of the impressive on-ice accomplishments, the Knights have been integral in the London community assisting in charitable endeavors and establishing themselves as a benchmark in the Canadian Hockey League for business excellence and innovation.
Key Area of Responsibility
The London Knights’ Account Executive will be responsible for selling and organizing group outings for various members within the London community. The key areas of the position include the ability to build relationships, strong organizational skills, and strong verbal and written communication abilities, in-person and over the phone.
Description of Duties and Components of Position:
- Heavy emphasis on group sales initiatives
- Schedule call-blocks and sales meetings
- Manage time between answering emails and calls promptly
- Resell group outings to previous clients set up by past Account Executives
- Prospect new group sales clients throughout the City of London and surrounding communities
- Collections of account receivables within a timely manner
- Consistent availability for clients beyond typical business hours
- Building strong relationships with important stakeholders throughout the City of London and surrounding communities
- Assisting in organization of outing with group leaders and acting as a liaison for all incoming groups
- Ensure consistent communication with all clients, prior to, during, and following group outing
- Ensuring consistent communication with internal stakeholders (London Knights Box Office Staff) to ensure all orders are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Setting up and maintaining client meetings, calls, and visits
- Organization of events during games and within London community
- e., Pre-game skate programs, Timbits hockey intermission programs, dressing room tours, school visits with players, etc.
- Scheduling and leading groups of volunteers on game night to ensure consistent activation of group sales experiences
- Acting as a London Knights ambassador within the community at all times
- Post-secondary degree and/or diploma in sales, business, or sport management
- 2+ years of direct sales experience
- Strong verbal and written skills, including in-person meetings, public speaking, and over the phone
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Comfort with large amounts of incoming calls and emails, while also focusing on outbound sales calls
- Result driven with ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required with access to a vehicle
- Knowledge of London and surrounding communities is an asset
- Including knowledge of the local hockey associations
- Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 5:00pm
London Knights Hockey Club
99 Dundas Street
London, ON N6A 6K1